It's just all a big hullabalo...about nothing!??

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Ugly Duckling??

Are you an ugly duckling?? J I know you know what I mean…that odd ball, that weird one in the group or the family?? Well, if you are that ugly duckling and you know exactly what I am talking about, and you will be able to understand this quite well. But only if you are that ugly duckling..but then again even if you aren’t, I think you’ll still get it. Hopefully.
Soo, I have always thought of myself as the ugly duckling in my family. I tend to blend in well at times but still I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb most of the time. I have quite a number of theories to support my assumption by the way so don’t think I am making this stuff up. Theory One; well first because I am the only “big girl” in the family. Everyone has had their slightly “big” days and these horrid days seem to have passed them by eventually, but mine!!??? I’ve been having big girl days (more like years) all my life. Hopefully these days will come to a standstill, and I know I can work on making these skinny days come quicker but I am just sooo lazy you know, and I want to believe my “skinny day” will come (sooner rather than later preferrably). Theory Two; and because I am kinda really very light skinned, probably lighter than every other member of my family, this means nothing to me but it does make me easy to spot when I am around them, not forgetting the fact that I am the 2nd tallest person. I basically stick out! Thank God I am not a light-skinned short “big girl” because goodness, I wouldn’t go out with them at all or anywhere for that matter! (LIE!!)
(And for the family that’s reading this..no hard feelings please!)
I am not into appearances that much but it is the first thing you see in a person, is it not?? The way they appear in blind sight, right?? So all am saying is that I am easy to spot and therefore an ugly duckling because of it. But then again you know how I feel about being a situation on this planet, so depending on how you look at this particular ugly duckling situation, being an ugly duckling could be a good thing. I decided to take my self-proclaimed position and title, turn it around and dwell in my “ugly duckling-ness”, enjoy it, embrace it and well, just be ugly! And by being ugly I mean just being me; the friendly, crazy, loud, emotional, smiling profusely, loving at times blindly, tall-ish odd ball that is me. Take me or leave me. J
Signed:
An ugly duckling (but soon to be swan)  

No comments:

Post a Comment