It's just all a big hullabalo...about nothing!??

Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Family that Prays..

To the family that preys sorry I mean prays...keep on praying I would like to say. It will get you further than you ever thought you could go. To be honest, I am not the most upright person out there or even the most morally correct person in my thoughts at that, but when I do get my own family some day, I want us to be a family that prays, not preys.
I do not look at myself and go wow! I am awesome or dammmnnn!! I am so worthy. No one is worthy of anything. It's just all blessings and God's favour if you ask me, and the fact that He alone is in control of everything- I would like to assume since this is what I have been taught straight from childhood. It is pretty complicated to put so much fath into a God you cannot see, but for me, it's easy. He has showed up in so many aspects in my life, sometimes He comes late and at times 10 minutes early and other times, right on time. But whatever the case, He always shows face. Why and how He does this, I will never have the answers to.
We are all sinners. Some, are bigger sinners than others but in the end we all are to a ceratin extent and why The Big Guy takes us back each time, I still wonder. Last week I wrote about how my Dad was the most generous man I knew and am not going back on that, but God is tenfolds even more generous. Giving us 2nd, 3rd and 100 times to do things over, even when we mess up really bad. And man has the world at large messed up big time.

We all make mistakes. Again, some bigger than others, and some smaller in size but all the same, they are mistakes. If God can forgive us, we should be able to forgive other people's mistakes right?? But tell that to a woman who has been cheated on or a business man who has been conned. Forgiveness is not easy to come by and even harder to dish out when you have to give it. But for a God who has the power to replace you, a mortal man, with the blink of an eye (in form of a new born boy or girl somewhere on this planet), who are you, a mortal man , not to forgive another?? We are all flawed but are loved the same by this oh so generous God.

Continue praying-you families that pray, that you may understand forgiveness and give it as freely as you would like to receive it. I want to teach my own family (when and if I get one) to pray and not prey. Pray for the bad to fly over our heads and when it does (and it will) land in our midst, have the strength to persevere through it and come out stronger than before. I want to teach them to pray, not prey, and I don't mean physically hunt or eat human beings, no, I mean attacking those that have hurt them. I want to be able to see them learn to look past things because that is what families that pray together do amongst each other. Look past the bad, focus on the good and Forgive. I WILL build a Family that Prays.

No comments:

Post a Comment